Barnsley Big Challenge
The I Know I Can Barnsley Big challenge is a business creation competition open to any young person aged between 11 – 19 living and learning in Barnsley.
Teams of up to 8 students are invited to submit a business idea. Each team will be paired up with a mentor from the business community who will invest £25 and an hour every month to guide and support the team as they grow your business idea. When you have made a profit you pay back the £25 but everything after that is the teams to do with as they choose. The challenge culminates in a Dragons Den pitch at which the over all best business will be selected and prizes awarded at a gala celebration event.
Entrants in the challenge will:
- Experience starting a business and being an entrepreneur for themselves
- Meet with and learn from business people currently employed in a range of different fields, everything from marketing to business finance.
- Build enterprise and employability skills including team work, communication and problem solving.
Getting involved is simple
- Decide who is going to be in your team (teams can be anywhere between 1 and 8 people)
- Come up with a business idea - You can start any business you like as long as it is with in your school or college guidelines.
- Fill in the application form at www.iknowican.co.uk/bigchallenge (available September - December)
- Start making money!
Open Evening for all Engineering Courses
Apply to Barnsley College
Ambition Barnsley event
Community Drop in Centres
Doncaster College Open Day events
Dearne Valley College Open Evenings
Taster days - Northern Racing College
Apprenticeships, Training & Jobs